Spring break is over, just in time for real spring, and music events rev up. Here are a few for the week along with a truly sad, and unforgivable, situation on Sunday. Free concerts are marked "Free," ticketed events are marked "$"
Tuesday, April 2
The UT spring choral events are in two parts. The UT Chamber Singers and the Concert Choir perform this evening at 8 p.m. in the Cox Auditorium/Alumni Memorial Building. Free
Thursday, April 4
The other half of the spring UT choral events with the Men's and Women's Chorales, VOLume, reVOLution, and Four O'Clock Shadow. At 8 pm in the Cox Auditorium/Alumni Memorial Building. Free
Saturday, April 6
Two UT events-
• Spring Percussion Ensemble Concert, 4 pm, Cox Auditorium/Alumni Memorial Building. Free
• Faculty recital: Shelley Binder, flute; Fay Adams, piano, 8 p.m. Performance Hall 32 of the Alumni Memorial Building. Free
Sunday, April 7
The following sort of scheduling conflict is really inexcusable in Knoxville. More on this later.
• 2:30 pm, KSO Chamber Classics series concert with the Principal String Quartet performing quartets by Beethoven, Debussy, Borodin, and Richman. At the Bijou Theater downtown, $
• 3:00 pm, Knoxville Chamber Chorale, St. John's Episcopal downtown, 413 Cumberland Avenue, $
• 4:00 pm, the Furman College Chamber Choir, tour stop at Church of the Ascension on Northshore Drive between Kingston Pike and Lyons View Pike, works by Bach, Mozart, Fauré, and Mathias, Free/$