Second Harvest is the beneficiary of Knoxville's first Restaurant Week, which runs through March 4 and features multi-course meals at area restaurants for either $25 or $35, with five bucks for each one going to the food pantry. The money's needed now more than ever, since the Second Harvest facility was flooded Monday Feb. 28.
The deal is, you call ahead to the individual restaurants for reservations, but you can check out all the special three-course menus on KnoxvilleRestaurantWeek.com
Meantime, though, I'm highlighting a few of the menus. This one, a $25 selection, comes from Bistro at the Bijou on Gay Street and while just about anything from owner/cook Martha Boggs is going to be noteworthy, this one is of particular interest for vegetarians, because each course has a selection just for them.
Restaurant Week Special Menu
For each special restaurant week meal ordered, $5 will be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank.
Each meal includes one selection from each course below.
• Beef Tenderloin Crostini with Vidalia Onion Marmalde
• Vegetarian- Cheddar Baked Queen Olives
• Portuguese Fish Chowder with Cherrystone Clams, Spanish Chorizo, Corvina, Fresh Fennel
• Yukon Gold Potatoes
• Vegetarian - Artichoke Piccata over Angel Hair Pasta
• Cheese plate with Black Mission Fig Jam
• Jack Daniels Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
807 South Gay Street, Knoxville, TN 37902
Hours: M 11AM-10PM; Tu-Th 11AM-11PM; F 11Am-12AM; Sa 10AM-12AM; Su 10AM-9PM