UPDATE: Date added to Justin Townes Earle announcement.
An update on recent concert announcements:
• Grammy-winning blues guitarist/singer Bonnie Raitt (above) will perform at the Tennessee Theatre on Monday, May 14, at 8 p.m. Marc Cohn will open the show. Tickets are $60 and go on sale Friday, Feb. 10.
• Troubled alt-country scion Justin Townes Earle (above) makes another stop in town at the Square Room on Thursday, May 24, in support of his acclaimed 2010 disc Harlem River Blues, with Nashville singer/songwriter Tristen in town as his opening act. Tickets are $17/$20 at the door. Photo by Joshua Black Wilkins.
• Josh Turner, hailed as a successor to Johnny Cash a few years ago for his deep, craggy voice and chugging gospel debut hit "Long Black Train," has turned out to be a more mainstream country crooner. He's coming to the Tennessee Theatre on Thursday, April 12, at 8 p.m., with local honky-tonk singer/songwriter Brendon James Wright opening. Tickets are $39.50 and $57 and go on sale Friday, Feb. 10.
• Jefferson Airplane spinoff/heavy blooze merchants/folk-blues revivalists Hot Tuna, featuring founding members Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Kasaday, will play at the Bijou Theatre on Tuesday, July 10, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $29 and go on sale Friday, Feb. 10.
• Kid Millions, drummer for Brooklyn art-rockers Oneida, brings his avant-percussion-heavy side project Man Forever (above) to Pilot Light on Wednesday, Feb. 22, in advance of his upcoming, as-yet-untitled 2012 album. Plasma Expander opens the show. Admission is $5 at the door; 18 and up. Photo by Joshua Bright.
• Fortysomething folk-soul singer/songwriter/John Mayer pal Martin Sexton comes to the Bijou Theatre on Saturday, April 7, at 8 p.m. Georganne Calyanis opens the show. Tickets are $21.50/$25 the day of the show and go on sale Friday, Feb. 10.